Thursday, June 21, 2007

Damn Damn Damn

Yo, Went notts today - me n aelred came to play a £50 Double Rebuy comp. I played this alot this year, and know the calibre of player and structure. I came expecting to make some money tbh since I haven't fared well online the small amount I've played since I went home on Monday.

Anyhoo, we got in , napped a bit then I went and played the comp. (Aelred Overslept lol) , I played solid during rebuy hour and ended it in sound shape when I had 6-6 and tripled through on a 10-9-6 flop. Post rebuy I was playing small ball effectively taking the odd shot and pots people didnt seem concerned in losing when I got a monster, ep (weak player overplays hands ) raised it up, I re popped it another 3,100 after he initially made it 1,700 and he seemed very interested , I could sense he was just going to shove in for the extra 11k, I then said "shove it in then what you waiting for?" and he said " Ok" and pushed staring at me. I really sensed he had AA and I thought for a bit before saying " not folding this with this structure" and reluctantly called, he turned over Aces and I was lucky enough to hit the K.

This put me in good shape and I sat tight for a bit after deciding to let my hands play themselves for a bit since the blinds werent worth taking and noyone was so deep that I could play flops with them.

20 left and I got moved , blinds were 1/2k I had around 40,000 when I get QQ ep, I make it 5,500 a creative player pushed in and I felt very strongly I was ahead and made the call knowing this pot makes me one of the mtt chip leaders (average for FT is 75,000) He looked ashamed somewhat and turned over K-3 and hit a K on flop. I decided to push blind for my last 5,500 next hand and was out. Wasted journey I guess, and a pisstake ending. I could have won this comp twice in succession perhaps If my QQ held there but eh....I'm used to it. He gave me a shot at winning.Thanks fish.



Ciso

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home