Monday, August 20, 2007

Sunday

Today, I pre planned to play the Sunday Warm Up ,the Sunday Million and The FTOP Main Event.
The warm up, I entered and was feeling a little tired, I hadnt had much sleep, gid was playin it too which motivated me to stay in so long as he was. I played poorly to begin with, not taking any initiative but 30/40mins I began to get adjusted to the table, I already know on stars my game is very selective , rockish almost, so I stuck with that game for the following few hours, never really get any hands but tryin to take the odd one to keep me alive. Now, thats not to say I wouldn't like a big stack, but I am not gonna go playing crappy hands, and overestimate my post flop playing ability against players who wont put down a pair. I think this is smart to be honest,even if its not the most fun way to play. Anyway, with 270 paying I made the cash with a very short stack, shortly afterwards my 10-10 beat 7-7 and AK.Wowee. I now had few chips, I wasnt going to deter from my game though and with 160 or so people left, I was in a strong spot to finally get a huge stack, there was a raise and re raise to 35,000 , I had about 75k and shoved in with K K , was called by the re raiser with A J. Flop was Ace. Eh. $488 or something.

Cue the million gtd, here, I just busted out wu and thought I had lesser chance since there was more players, more donks who dont know how to play, and I would need strong hands to bust them. First hour went by I had maybe 12,000. (average ish). 2nd though I started to chip up a little, maybe 18,000. Then next hour I got some momentum and was playing well. I wasn't bleeding any chips and was tryin to pick my spots to attack. Again, I cashed, (900 paid), I busted out in a way I wouldn't always . I raised with 9-9 on the button to 12,000 I beleive with blidns at 2k/4k, the sb shoved me in, I had 54,000 behind, I think its an ok call in the long run, but for the nit I am , I often pass here. But I called it figuring im prolly racing here maybe even stronger? NO.He had QQ, gg.

Ftops Main Event, I tried to get an image early on that I was willing to gamble and this was obviously a ploy to set them up later, first hour went I had less then 5k we started with, but its ok, the blinds are small. 2nd hour I got bit of action and startin to chip up. But with 1,700 left (maybe 3hours in?) my doom was sealed, I lost a few pots, in situations I cant get away from. AK vs 77 , lose. 10-10 had to pay off a short stack on a 9 hi flop who flopped a set. Really had to! Then AK again, I limp this time under the gun, I got a raise from late position , I shoved all in, maybe 5 x his bet, he obviosly insta calls with 10-10 and flops a 10.
2 cashes out of 3, BUT I cant be happy really, I would trade all the cashes this week for a massive cash on a Final table, I spent $500 on the Ftop too. So I didnt really make much profit. I think the warm up was my best shot with those Ks but eh. I can't complain. I think I am playing well now though, and it does show consistency. Considering I had a poor summer in terms of results, this has been a very good week.

6th in a $100 f/o on Full Tilt = $2,200
3rd in $100 Full Tilt 6 max = $3,900
7th in $10 rebuy 55k ps = $1,384
7th in $100 Full Tilt 6 max = $925
27th in a $100 f/o on ps = $350
68th in the nightly ps = $318
155 in Wu = $488
666th in million = $387

Some strong showings there , and I satelited into the sunday million spending only $40 too.So although I didnt nail a win , I am back on track.Hopefully next time I can post on more good news. Thanks for reading.
Ciso

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home